At Trent Meadows Medical Practice, we have a Facebook group which provides a range of useful information for our patient population.
Trent Meadows Medical Practice has a duty to maintain patient confidentiality and to safeguard vulnerable patients. You can help us to achieve this by adhering to the code of conduct outlined in this policy.
Patients at Trent Meadows Medical Practice are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct at all times:
- The organisation requires all users of portable devices to use them in a courteous and considerate manner, respecting their fellow patients. Portable devices are not to be used during consultations, except when agreed with your clinician.
- Patients are not permitted to disclose any patient-identifiable information about other patients, unless they have the express consent of that patient.
- Whilst not encouraged, patients may record their consultation but this should be agreed with your clinician. This recording will solely be for your own purpose.
- Patients must not post any material that is inaccurate, fraudulent, harassing, embarrassing, obscene, defamatory or unlawful. Any such posts on the organisation Facebook group will be deleted and the post reported.
- Patients are not permitted to take photographs in the waiting room or areas where other patients are present, nor are photographs of staff permitted to be taken.
- Patients must not post comments on social media that identify any staff.
- Patients are able to leave a review about Trent Meadows Medical Practice. The following link can enable the practice manager to respond appropriately. https://www.nhs.uk/services/gp-surgery/trent-meadows-medical-practice/M83027
- Defamatory comments about our team are not to be shared on any social media platform. Legal advice will be sought and the appropriate action taken against any patient who posts defamatory comments.
Patient complaints on social media
We have a separate complaints policy which patients are to use should they wish to make a complaint. We will only respond to complaints made to the organisation in accordance with the organisation’s policy.